The Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on

3 posters

Go down

SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Empty SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on

Post  Yuoru Hatake Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:30 pm

Alright, so, I think i will be adding something to make stats a bit more customizable. The idea I have in mind actually is somewhat based on a system used by a game i HATE, but the system could work well.

For all you gamers out there; Who has played Final Fantasy XII? The system I am thinking of is somewhat like the license board, where you earn "License points" by killing. however, in this game, I am thinking of implementing it somewhat differently, such as earning "License points" by completing missions successfully. These can then be used to buy skills, such as the ability to use certain types of jutsu or weapons. this could replace the need to be a higher rank in order to be able to use certain things.

As usual, any questions or comments are openly encouraged.
Yuoru Hatake
Yuoru Hatake
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Left_bar_bleue63/63SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Empty_bar_bleue  (63/63)
Chakra:
SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Left_bar_bleue83/83SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Empty_bar_bleue  (83/83)
Stamina:
SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Left_bar_bleue58/58SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Empty_bar_bleue  (58/58)

https://narutogamerpg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Empty Re: SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on

Post  bullet Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:05 pm

nice thinkin. but for some of the most powerful jutsus we should make them really high to get. somethin like you would need to do 20 genin missions the euqal points of a jounin mission to get. and final fantasy 12 was an awsome game!!!
bullet
bullet
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Left_bar_bleue61/61SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Empty_bar_bleue  (61/61)
Chakra:
SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Left_bar_bleue82/82SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Empty_bar_bleue  (82/82)
Stamina:
SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Left_bar_bleue57/57SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Empty_bar_bleue  (57/57)

Back to top Go down

SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Empty Re: SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on

Post  Yuoru Hatake Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:11 pm

I would have liked final fantasy 12 if it was done differently. the gameplay would have been good, but I just didn't like its execution.

anyways, some things probably will still require rank to be acquired. examples include ANBU jutsu and items.
Yuoru Hatake
Yuoru Hatake
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Left_bar_bleue63/63SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Empty_bar_bleue  (63/63)
Chakra:
SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Left_bar_bleue83/83SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Empty_bar_bleue  (83/83)
Stamina:
SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Left_bar_bleue58/58SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Empty_bar_bleue  (58/58)

Back to top Go down

Post  james hyugga Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:13 am

i am sooooo lost. o.o;
james hyugga
james hyugga
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Left_bar_bleue65/65SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Empty_bar_bleue  (65/65)
Chakra:
SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Left_bar_bleue88/88SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Empty_bar_bleue  (88/88)
Stamina:
SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Left_bar_bleue62/62SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Empty_bar_bleue  (62/62)

Back to top Go down

Post  Yuoru Hatake Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:59 am

Basically, you get a grid of skills. each time you complete an action, you gain 'license points'. in the game this is taken from, you gain about 1 LP for each enemy killed, while here, I might give points out for completing missions. on the grid of skills, you start out with one skill already bought-in this game, it might be something like 'Katon Rank E set A Jutsu." when you have a skill, all the spots adjacent to it are lit up and can be purchased. lets say to the right of the above skill on the grid, there is "Katon Rank E set B jutsu." It costs 30 license points. if you gain about 5 LP per D-rank mission completed, you need to complete 6 D-ranks. when you have 30, you can then buy it. after you buy it, the spaces around that new one fill up, so you have a choice between "Genjutsu E-rank Sight based Set A", "Katon Rank E set B jutsu", or "Maximum health + 10", all above, below, and right of the "Katon Rank E set B" respectively.

Just ask me for more questions, I'll find a youtube link for the in-game video they use.

Also, in terms of what types of gains one can get, I am thinking of doing each different type of gain on a seperate grid, except I may keep weapons and armor together.

-jutsu grid
-Weapon/equipment grid
-Stat gain grid

so one grid focuses on learning jutsu, another grid focuses on learning how to use stronger weapons, while the last grid focuses on general stat-gains. LP will have to be spread out across the board, meaning no one will completely fill it out. ever.

Another thing that adds to the never-ending part of this is the fact that this game is ONLINE. I will be adding more to it as needed, so no one will ever need to just start filling out other sections of the board since they will always have the excess points. Each section can be added on. Even jutsu can be. If someone comes up with a new custom jutsu, that jutsu could be good enough to earn its own space.

Also, I am considering making a 4th grid that is devoted to kekkai-Genkai skills. each bloodline may have its own grid. however, since there are so many bloodlines, these grids will not be as in depth, and may even have an end to them, allowing characters to master every element of their bloodline. this makes perfect sense-a bloodline's power has its limits, and it usually depends on the user's skill, not the bloodline, to become powerful.

Well, thats it. if you have any questions, you can PM me or just post it here-whichever you are more comfortable with.
Yuoru Hatake
Yuoru Hatake
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Chakra:
Stamina:

Back to top Go down

Post  james hyugga Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:14 pm

no offense but thats kind of stupid...
james hyugga
james hyugga
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Left_bar_bleue65/65SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Empty_bar_bleue  (65/65)
Chakra:
SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Left_bar_bleue88/88SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Empty_bar_bleue  (88/88)
Stamina:
SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Left_bar_bleue62/62SOON TO COME: new stat system add-on Empty_bar_bleue  (62/62)

Back to top Go down

Post  Yuoru Hatake Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:04 pm

It is hard to explain. but I think it would be a good system for this, if it is used correctly.
Yuoru Hatake
Yuoru Hatake
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Chakra:
Stamina:

Back to top Go down

Post  james hyugga Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:29 am

well the game is already hard enough for the newbies with the low exp and low amount of things available to them but if u think itll be good then go ahead.
james hyugga
james hyugga
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Chakra:
Stamina:

Back to top Go down

Post  Yuoru Hatake Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:55 am

I hate to say it, but what 'newbies' are you talking about? Squad 1 is the only group with people who log in once a week. I still consider this game in development, which is why I have not really advertised it recently.

Also, this system will help specialize classes. people who want to be good with weapons may use them, or people who want to use jutsu can work with that. if you gain LP alongside experience, then it cannot do any harm to anyone.
Yuoru Hatake
Yuoru Hatake
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Chakra:
Stamina:

Back to top Go down

Post  james hyugga Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:39 am

lol i get your point. Im on board now.^^

and buy newbies i was refering to those who will be chunin and lower
james hyugga
james hyugga
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Chakra:
Stamina:

Back to top Go down

Post  Yuoru Hatake Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:55 pm

Well, I will be making 'scenarios' for testing this situation. i'll see what works best.
Yuoru Hatake
Yuoru Hatake
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Chakra:
Stamina:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum